Better functionalities, convenience and sustainability in food packaging
As a 100% natural product, calcium sulfate is suitable for food contact and to be used as an additive in packaging production. It satisfies market demand for more sustainable plastics, in terms of raw materials as well as the waste management system. Since calcium sulfate is a biodegradable material it can significantly support consumer goods producers in their attempt to comply with current and upcoming regulations and adapt to consumer demands.
- Suitable for food contact
- Improved barrier properties
- Optimizes functional properties of conventional plastics as wells as of PLA and other bioplastics, i.e. brittleness
- Supports large-scale production of biopolymers
- Reduces biopolymer costs and facilitates implementation as a standard